As a top marketing agency in Surrey, we thought you’d like to know more about setting up a PPC campaign. Below, we have written a step by step guide on how to build your first PPC Campaign.
Plan your Ad Copy (Search) the way a marketing agency Surrey does
Start by drafting your ad copy into a spreadsheet, we normally use Excel or Google Sheets. As a result, you can make bulk changes easily, and split things into columns. It’s important to plan your ad copy because there are a number of different character limits required for each headline of your ad. Headline’s 1, 2 & 3 all need to be no more than 30 characters, whereas Description’s 1, 2 & 3 can go up to 90.
Firstly, headlines should include a CTA (Call to Action), your brand name and a phrase that relates to the business. Secondly, descriptions should be used to describe the service you’re offering. Best practice is to have three different ads in one ad group. Furthermore, Google will rotate which ad’s show on the search engine depending on their performance. Finally, Path 1 & 2, you can change what the URL will include, so you can add your business name here.
Below is a screenshot showing how you should layout your spreadsheet.
There are three different types of keywords you should be using. Broad, Phrase and Exact match. In addition, keyword match types help control which searches on Google will trigger your ad.
Broad match – Ads will show on searches that may include a typo, or something that broadly relates to your keyword
Phrase match – Ads will show on searches that match a phrase or close variant of the keyword
Exact match – Ads will show on searches that match the exact keyword in your account.
Best practise is to try and include one of each in your ad group.
Choose the correct Bid Strategy
In Google Ads, there are a number of different Bid Strategies that can be used for your campaigns. Some bid strategies automatically place the bids for you. Whereas, others are set manually by yourself. Below is a list of each bid strategy and how they work differently:
- Maximise Clicks: Automatically sets your bids to get the most clicks possible within your set budget.
- Maximise Conversions: Automatically sets your bids to give you the most chance of getting a conversion within your budget.
- Manual CPC: Set your bids manually in the keywords section.
- Enhanced CPC: Your bids are automatically enhanced to help you get more conversions from your manual bidding.
- Use Target ROAS: Automatically sets your bids to get as much conversion value as possible at your Target Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
- Target CPA: Automatically sets your bids to get as much conversion value as possible at your Target Cost per Acquisition (CPA).
- Target Impression Share: Automatically sets your bids with the goal of showing your ads at the top of the page.
In other words, if you simply don’t have the time to do this, please consider us to be your Digital Marketing Agency. Based in Surrey, Farnham. Furthermore, we are a transparent agency that believes in building partnerships with our clients
Contact Us – marketing agency Surrey
To conclude, Thunderbolt Digital is an award-winning digital marketing agency in Surrey, and we’re only a phone call away from improving your online marketing campaign or web design! Get in touch today by calling 01252 413757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – we can’t wait to hear from you.